15 minute dairy free coconut panna cotta.
- 2 cups / 580 ml coconut cream
- 1½ level tsp agar agar flakes
- ¼ cup / 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 8 ripe black figs, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
|4||5 minutes||15 minutes|
- Put coconut milk, agar agar, maple syrup and vanilla seeds into a small pan. Gently bring it up to boil then simmer for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- OPTIONAL STEP: to be able to unmould panna cotta easier, you may want to grease the ramekins with a tiny bit of flavourless oil (like refined coconut oil, for example).
- Put coconut cream through a fine sieve before dividing the mixture between ramekins to get rid of undissolved agar agar flakes. Pour strained mixture into ramekins and leave it aside for 3-4 hours to set.
- Put figs into a small pot with maple syrup, lemon juice and a dash of water and simmer on a very low heat until figs have softened and their juices thickened up into a sauce.
- Unmould Panna Cotta by running a knife gently along the wall of a ramekin. Put the ramekin upside down on a plate and (holding the plate and the ramekin firmly together) lower the plate suddenly with your hands until you hear a noise. Repeat with all 4 ramekins. Serve with fig relish poured on top.
Recipe via www.lazycatkitchen.com